Aging can cause the loss of facial volume as well as the formation of fine lines and wrinkles, which can have a serious impact on one’s self-esteem. Surgical remedies may be an option, but not everyone wants or needs to undergo an invasive procedure. Injectable treatments can be an excellent alternative to surgery, but with so many options, it can be hard to know which is best for you.
Neurotoxins are used to soften fine lines and wrinkles caused by facial movements (dynamic lines). Derived from botulinum toxin A, these treatments block nerve signals to the tiny muscles responsible for facial expressions. At North Florida Aesthetics, we offer several brands of neurotoxins to give you the results you desire.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: The most well-known neurotoxin on the market, BOTOX® Cosmetic can be used to treat crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead wrinkles.
- Dysport®: This specially processed formulation is used to soften vertical frown lines while providing a natural look.
- XEOMIN®: XEOMIN® has had certain proteins removed to make it spread over a large area more easily, making it ideal for treating frown lines between the brows.
- Jeuveau™: This neurotoxin was created solely for cosmetic purposes and is also used to treat glabellar lines (vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows).
Injectable fillers are used to add volume to areas of the face that have begun to deflate or become hollow over time. Most dermal fillers are made using a synthetic version of hyaluronic acid (HA), a substance created by the body that helps maintain youthful volume and hydrate the skin. A variety of dermal fillers can be used to correct volume loss due to aging and other factors.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC: This formulation is used for adding volume to lips and smoothing wrinkles around the mouth.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC: Moderate to severe wrinkles and facial creases, such as nasolabial folds, can be softened with JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC: The lips can be augmented, and wrinkles around the mouth can be smoothed with this formulation.
- Restylane® Lyft™: This filler is used to correct volume loss and wrinkles in the midface (such as nasolabial folds). It can also be used for cheek augmentation.
- Restylane® Defyne™: Restylane® Defyne helps restore a youthful, natural-looking appearance and smooth out deep nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
- Restylane® Refyne™: This formulation can be used to correct moderate to severe laugh lines.
- Restylane® Silk: Lip augmentation and the correction of wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth can be accomplished with Restylane® Silk.
- BELOTERO BALANCE®: This injectable HA filler is another option for adding volume to regions of the face that have begun to look gaunt or hollow without looking unnatural.
Some dermal fillers are not made with hyaluronic acid and are instead used to promote the production of new collagen.
- RADIESSE®: RADIESSE® contains microspheres of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) suspended in a water-based gel. The gel adds instant volume to skin tissues, and the CaHA spheres provide structure for the generation of new collagen.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: Sculptra® Aesthetic also stimulates the production of collagen over time for subtle rejuvenation results. This injectable can be used in the face, neck, and chest for a more youthful aesthetic, areas like the thighs for cellulite reduction, and in the buttocks for a lifted appearance. Sculptra® Aesthetic is the “Secret of the Stars,” with many celebrities receiving treatment annually to continue looking youthful and fresh.
At North Florida Aesthetics, we will soon be running a special on Sculptra® Aesthetic! Contact us today to see how you can get $100 off per vial for a limited time! Give us a call at (352) 331-7077 or fill out our online contact form to get started!